Weight loss is one of the best things you can do for your health. The truth is that carrying around too many pounds not only makes you feel uncomfortable, it also increases your risk of potentially serious health problems. Some health problems linked to overweight or obese include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, some types of cancer, osteoarthritis, asthma, back pain, etc.
Obesity is rising at an alarming pace among the Indian population, including children. Experts say unhealthy lifestyle is one of the main reasons for the steep rise in obesity trends.
If you are overweight, shedding a few pounds will help prevent or even reverse the effects of certain conditions, including the ones mentioned above. In fact, a recent study published in the journal The Lancet has shown that people with type 2 diabetes can reverse their condition just by losing weight without the need for drugs.
Surprising benefits of weight loss
The health benefits of weight loss are immense. Weight loss can be most effective when you make changes that are realistic to your lifestyle, which includes diet and exercise regime. But staying consistent with changes is key to successful long-term healthy weight management. Instead of depending on calorie restriction alone, combining exercise with a healthy diet is the healthiest method to lose weight.
How to lose weight safely
So, if you’re looking for some ways to shed those extra pounds, you may want to read our tips to start losing weight the healthy way: Here they are
- Make changes to eating habits that are realistic while also ensuring that you stick with them
- Include fruits and veggies that promote weight loss in your daily diet.
- Avoid foods that may disrupt your fat-burning process. However, make sure to include these high-calorie foods that may help you lose weight fast. Even research has proven that high-fat foods can prevent fat cells from growing larger that leads to weight gain and obesity.
- Focus on foods, mainly rich in protein and fibre – the two key components that keep you full, improve health and speed up metabolism.
- Try taking a brisk walk, is one of the best things you can do for your health. Walking is the best way to burn belly fat, even without dieting.
- Stay active by doing activities that you like.
- Even if you are not exercising or unable to stick with your workout plan, try to get 10,000 steps a day.
- Keep track of your daily activity.
- Try doing stomach vacuum exercise, which is the best breathing exercise that helps you lose weight and gives you a flat tummy.
- In addition to this, get adequate sleep each night as this is the most important thing for weight loss and overall health.
Making healthier lifestyle choices can definitely help you fight the battle of the bulge, including stubborn belly fat, which is more dangerous than excess fat around your hips and thighs and has been linked to serious health problems.
Hope, the above suggested tips help.